Have you ever been accused of stalking , but thought “That’s ridiculous! I’m totes norms! I have friends! Plus, deep down the object of my stalking really enjoys my attention!”
But then… At 11:27 a.m. on a Thursday… when the sloppy ignorant bliss of weed and alcohol has faded into sober introspection, a teeny part of you wonders, “Gee willickers, am I a stalker??”
As a doctor of philosophy in psychology, I know that these conflicting thoughts can cause great monostress* and distress. Never one to leave persons from marginalized groups without resources for empowerment, I have chosen to share my profound wisdom and support for anyone with niggling doubts about their stalker status.
You are likely a stalker if 2 or more of these apply to you…
- The person has blocked you from any / all routes of contact (Facebook, instagram, texting, etc.)
- Your friends have expressed – verbally, through uncomfortable body language, or marked silence – their discomfort with your behavior regarding the potentially stalked person
- You have asked yourself, “Could this be seen as stalking?”
- You wouldn’t want to share with anyone your “process” in contacting / pursuing this person
- You “coincidentally” become involved in every open social group they are a part of
- The person you are contacting never reaches out to you
- You own a pair of binoculars
- You have to pick leaves out of your hair after you see them
- When you see them they don’t always see you
You are definitely a stalker if any one of these apply to you…
- The person has directly or indirectly given all indications they do not want to speak to, hear from, or see you again, and you continue contacting them.
Still confused not sure where you stand? It may be worth a trip across the pond to find out…
Absolutely certain you are not a stalker, but a stalking victim? You don’t have to face it alone!
Now let’s get out there and kick stalking in the nards!
— EDITORIAL NOTES —
*this should be a word, so I’m going to claim it ! 💃
General: Because I have been the receiver of unwanted attention on multiple occasions from multiple peoples, I’m just here to give a claireion call to both parties. #selfless #amazing #magnanimatic**
Alsoooo.. this is my 150th Galloblog post!